Old Vicarage Street looking towards the site of the new Post Office and Sainsburys (now Wilkinsons). The Granby Head is already in situ.
Church Street, the old J C Smiths storeroom awaiting demolition. Sainsburys and Radio Shack were built on this site with the Post Office next to them. \To the far left is the corner of the new Granby Head.
Looking down Church Street, J C Smith’s warehouse on left and Pen and Wig on right. Near left is the Granby Head.
Still in Church Street near the corner of Vicarage Street, this demolition was to become the new Library. You can see the Pen and Wig far left.
Late 1920’s early 1930’s photo of the new sewers going in through the town centre. Bridge Street (top centre) has not yet been widened, nor has Coventry Street. The buildings in the centre where the group are standing will soon be demolished to open up Coventry Street. Boots will find itself on the corner of the new street.