Two views of the Pingles Sports and Leisure Complex, both from the 1980’s. The Pingles was built in the 1960’s and demolished in 2004 when the new Pingles opened.
Stirling Metals, part of the Birmid Industries Group. It was the biggest employer in Nuneaton. It closed in 1987, unable to compete with the allegedly subsidised competition from Spain and Brazil.
The Town Hall, formerly known as the Council House. Building commenced in 1932, and it opened in 1934. The top floor side windows visible on the photo was the apartment of the Sergeant at Arms of the Council who also acted as caretaker.
Another view of the Town Hall taken in the 1980’s.
The old Flour Mill in Nuneaton. There had been a mill on this site since the 10th century and probably earlier. It was demolished in 1973 and a new building which now houses the DSS and Job Centre was erected on the site. Sainsbury’s pond was the original header pool for the Mill.